Legislators, Pro-Life Organizations Defend Oklahoma's Abortion Laws
OKLAHOMA CITY – Today a bicameral group of legislators, together with numerous pro-life organizations, released the following statement in support of Oklahoma's current abortion laws.
"Oklahoma is blessed to have the most comprehensive laws in the country to protect our unborn babies. We intend to defend our current laws as they stand, with the only allowed exception being to save the life of the mother. There is nothing more important than defending innocent life.
The push to allow exceptions may come across as rooted in compassion for difficult circumstances, but at the end of the day, any additional exceptions would only take away innocent lives.
There is no gray area when the issue is defending life. Each and every child has a right to life."
The above statement is supported by the following legislators and organizations:
- Rep. Chris Banning (R-Bixby)
- Rep. Brad Boles (R-Marlow)
- Rep. Eddy Dempsey (R-Valliant)
- Rep. Collin Duel (R-Guthrie)
- Rep. Tom Gann (R-Inola)
- Rep. David Hardin (R-Stilwell)
- Rep. Justin Humphrey (R-Lane)
- Rep. John Kane (R-Bartlesville)
- Rep. Cody Maynard (R-Durant)
- Rep. Jim Olsen (R-Roland)
- Rep. Randy Randleman (R-Eufaula)
- Rep. Clay Staires (R-Skiatook)
- Rep. Kevin West (R-Moore)
- Rep. Rick West (R-Heavener)
- Rep. Danny Williams (R-Seminole)
- Rep. Max Wolfley (R-Oklahoma City)
- Sen. Micheal Bergstrom (R-Adair)
- Sen. David Bullard (R-Durant)
- Sen. George Burns (R-Pollard)
- Sen. Nathan Dahm (R-Broken Arrow)
- Sen. Warren Hamilton (R-McCurtain)
- Sen. Shane Jett (R-Shawnee)
- Sen. Roland Pederson (R-Burlington)
- Sen. Blake Stephens (R-Tahlequah)
- Students for Life Action
- City Elders
- Oklahoma Second Amendment Association
The First Session of the 59th Legislature began Monday, February 6.